Clear All

• DazMode
    replied
    Nice pics. Everything is neatly done..

Leave a comment:

• gdesmo
    replied
    Originally posted by alex5389 View Post
    It really seems to me that he just did it just to prove that it could be done in at least one configuration and be done.

Will someone here please agree with me that the phrase "without compromise" does not fit for this one?
    No question about it, I like most of the Corsair stuff but hate the way they beat their chest's. Tom, IMO is an idiot and a prime example of this.

Leave a comment:

• Hanoverfist
    replied
    Very nice pics

Leave a comment:

• Akira749
    replied
    It really seems to me that he just did it just to prove that it could be done in at least one configuration and be done.

Will someone here please agree with me that the phrase "without compromise" does not fit for this one?
    Agreed

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    A couple pictures of progress.

Leave a comment:

• Hanoverfist
    replied
    I agree completely.

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Originally posted by Hanoverfist View Post
    So.. I looked at the video. The tubing strikes me as out of place and a bit awkward.

Leave a comment:

• Hanoverfist
    replied
    http://www.corsair.com/en/blog/2014/...finished-build
    Here is Corsair's finished build. Personally I think it looks like crap but A) I have been spoiled by the likes of dazmode and case mods contest B) I guess he was going for functionality over looks (plus to be done with it i expect). Also I feel as if the video doesn't show everything in the build as if they have something to hide. I think Corsair proved with this build log that this product is not with out compromises. And in my humble opinion some engineers should have been good enough to try building a custom loop in it before mass production. Regardless I guess it can be done but man am i having trouble. Pics to come soon. My form factor of mobo with the raised VRM makes it extremely difficult!

So.. I looked at the video. The tubing strikes me as out of place and a bit awkward.

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Ah the reason is two fold
    1)I like the aesthetic very much i have the room and will be modding the case door to show it (i think its gonna look great)
    2)another res increases coolant volume and I imagine but am not sure that this might drive temp down ever so slightly(not sure if this is true) but at least temperature variation would be more stable?

So in short I am doing it for the looks. But i would be interested in hearing any experiences with more vs less coolant and how it affect temp.

Leave a comment:

• Akira749
    replied
    My loop will be in the following configuration

XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir
    Phobya DC12-260 12V Pump
    Bitspower ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE Water Block
    EK GeForce 660 GTX VGA Liquid Cooling Block
    PrimoChill Vortex Clear Visual Flow Indicator
    Bitspower Z-Multi 40 Tube Reservoir
    XSPC EX140 Single 140mm Low Profile Split Fin Radiator
    XSPC EX240 Multiport Dual 120mm Low Profile Split Fin Radiator (will have Bitspower G1/4" Mini Valve for drainage)
    Back to XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir
    Quick question...why use 2 reservoirs?

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Originally posted by 10e View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are Microcenters in New York State, but I might be in Chicago for a family wedding this summer, so if I need anything I know there is at least one in that area if need be.

I think that build looks too crowded. It looks even more crowded than my Lil' bit build in the Cooler Master Elite 110 case. I think your build will look better based on your choice of components.

I have a few updates (mostly good, one bad) with my two builds forthcoming. This has been a hectic week in terms of work and home life so hopefully I'll get a few hours over the next week to finish the Prodigy build too.

Good luck!
    Good luck to you too. These tiny build are not easy!

Leave a comment:

• 10e
    replied
    Here is Corsair's finished build. Personally I think it looks like crap but A) I have been spoiled by the likes of dazmode and case mods contest B) I guess he was going for functionality over looks (plus to be done with it i expect). Also I feel as if the video doesn't show everything in the build as if they have something to hide. I think Corsair proved with this build log that this product is not with out compromises. And in my humble opinion some engineers should have been good enough to try building a custom loop in it before mass production. Regardless I guess it can be done but man am i having trouble. Pics to come soon. My form factor of mobo with the raised VRM makes it extremely difficult!

At some point depending on the mileage it might be worth the trip. What is your nearest one?
    I'm pretty sure there are Microcenters in New York State, but I might be in Chicago for a family wedding this summer, so if I need anything I know there is at least one in that area if need be.

I think that build looks too crowded. It looks even more crowded than my Lil' bit build in the Cooler Master Elite 110 case. I think your build will look better based on your choice of components.

I have a few updates (mostly good, one bad) with my two builds forthcoming. This has been a hectic week in terms of work and home life so hopefully I'll get a few hours over the next week to finish the Prodigy build too.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    My loop will be in the following configuration

XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir
    Phobya DC12-260 12V Pump
    Bitspower ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE Water Block
    EK GeForce 660 GTX VGA Liquid Cooling Block
    PrimoChill Vortex Clear Visual Flow Indicator
    Bitspower Z-Multi 40 Tube Reservoir
    XSPC EX140 Single 140mm Low Profile Split Fin Radiator
    XSPC EX240 Multiport Dual 120mm Low Profile Split Fin Radiator (will have Bitspower G1/4" Mini Valve for drainage)
    Back to XSPC 5.25" Bay Reservoir

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied

Originally posted by 10e View Post
    I wish we had a Microcenter up here. Their pricing is awesome on CPUs
    At some point depending on the mileage it might be worth the trip. What is your nearest one?
    Last edited by alex5389; 03-04-2014, 04:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gdesmo
    replied
    Gotta agree with you there 10e !

Leave a comment:

Working...
X