No announcement yet.

Core P5 ThemalTake Redeemer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm going to abandon this, just because I can't find one of those cases near me. I may have to find another way to scratch the nerd itch!

Comment

CC online or Ottawa store has them.
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

When I get back to town on the 26th I would be able to measure all that junk for you if you wish. Case should have arrived by then.
        My Imgur

Comment

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
          CC online or Ottawa store has them.
          Yeah but only one near me, the display piece. Sadly, it's only 30 minutes from my work. If only they'd drop more than 5% off the price!!

Necro: thanks man, but I probably won't need ya to. I just want this so I have something to do this weekend. It's not really a "build" per se. Just got that nerd itch to build a system, but have no $$$ or good reason to build one. So recycling my 2nd system into a new case sounded like a good idea. Worst case is I get it, 240 rads don't fit, and I order a 480 Darkside from Daz, maybe even the crossflow version for neater tubing. Not a bad worst case.

Comment

They gave me 10% off, and they had the box and all the parts, plus it was in great condition, so I bought it. Caved in like a real nerd would. Now I have something to do on the long weekend!! Assuming I have enough fittings / tubing to pull this off. I wonder what Daz' holiday order days are...

Comment

I'm waiting when CC of Montreal Laval have it in stock and I will get one for sure, for sure I will paint it
              we start seeing teaser about new Sabranco Z170, maybe use it and I will do it with only Darkside watercooling product

Comment

Snef stop giving me ideas!! I have a blue themed system going into (onto?) this thing, and that would look awesome if I painted it white!! But I don't have the matching fittings though. Daz needs to get more Darkside white fittings made!

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                  They gave me 10% off, and they had the box and all the parts, plus it was in great condition, so I bought it. Caved in like a real nerd would. Now I have something to do on the long weekend!! Assuming I have enough fittings / tubing to pull this off. I wonder what Daz' holiday order days are...
                  Nice. I'm actually moving my system from an air 240 to the p5 as well.
                  My Imgur

Comment

Lol I hope we don't all do the same thing. I was going to paint my P5 white as well!
                    My Imgur

Comment

Hey great grab there Bart
                      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Originally posted by Necrodead View Post
                        Nice. I'm actually moving my system from an air 240 to the p5 as well.
                        The 240 is just too cramped for a full loop, unless it's a CPU only loop. I lost most of the skin on my knuckles getting a pair of Darkside 240s in that thing! I just hope those same 240s will fit on the P5 nose-to-nose. We shall see shortly!

P.S. don't worry, I'm too chicken to paint mine. I do have some brand new white / blue spray paint, but I'm guessing that wouldn't do the nicest job. Plus I have no painting skills whatsoever.

P.P.S. Thanks Hooded, it really is a nice looking piece. I'm not proud of purchasing a TT product, but this one is pretty unique. Plus, you can hang it on the wall with an ultra-cheap VESA mount. There's so much to like about this thing.

Comment

First impressions: this is nice! You can put a set of fans behind the rad too, so you can do push / pull on the 480. Lots of room to work in this thing. I'm too chicken to attempt painting it, but I just realized that I bought a huge roll of vinyl wrap and never used it. It's white marble vinyl. Might go that route.

Comment

Nice scoop Bart

Lookin forward to seeing what you do with it

how is the metal?thin and flimsy or stiff

Comment

The metal is pretty solid FF. Doesn't feel cheap at all, it's a nice heavy feel. The chrome dowel things used to connect the glass to it are HQ too, nice heavy pieces. I'm rather impressed, but take that with a grain of salt. I wasn't expecting HQ from TT, so that colors my judgement I'm sure. I just spent a few hours playing with layouts, etc, while waiting for the power to come back on, and I like what I see. I won't be able to fit a pair of Darkside 240 rads nose-to-nose like I had hoped, at least not without drilling holes in the case. I'll need to drill holes to mount the Aqualis tube res too. But if you use an EK tube with their mount, you're good to go right out of the box.

Comment

sounds cool

comes with 1 16x riser card ?

I wonder how hard it would be to get the 2nd one to match

Comment

Working...
                                X