First Green Water Cooled Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Green Water Cooled Build

Hey guys, just thought I'd post some pics of my build. I've had it for awhile now but it's taken awhile for my account to be approved.

Specs:

- 16GB Mushkin Enhanced DDR3 1600 RAM
    - 2 x 1TB Storage Drives (7200 RPM)
    - 120GB Corsair Force 3 SSD
    - EVGA GTX 560 -> EVGA GTX 680
    - Gigabyte UD3 x79 Motherboard (DO NOT GET ONE!!!)
    - Intel i7 3820 @ 4.7 GHz
    - Cooler Master 850w Modular PSU
    - Cooler Master 690 II -> Corsair 600T Gunmetal

* Just to clarify to anyone wanting to build a computer, get a good mobo! They cost a bit more but life is so much easier, this Gigabyte thing is terrible and won't boot if a NTFS USB is plugged in. Also all the drives are worthless as they aren't signed so you can't install them while installing Windows.

And finally some pictures, the computer has gone through some massive overhauls so the the top photos are the oldest. If you want to look at all the pictures just click on the link to my photo albums.

Air Cooled:

First Green Water Cooled:

Red Water Cooled:

* Another warning, these res's because they're not made as well as they should be. Mine ended up leaking around the CCFL tube and I was lucky enough that the water dripped out the bottom. I have to say Daz was excellent in refunding me so in the end I wasn't too upset.

Second Green Water Cooled:

And Finally, the current setup (with the 680 and 600T):

If you want to check out all the pictures click here
    Attached Files

hey DodFoddler. Welcome to the forums.

Thanks for sharing this build. The raystorm looks pretty good in green.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Very nice! You and I suffered some of the same pain! I had that same mobo before I took it back and got an Asus. Plus I got a FrozenQ res too, and I agree it's not a quality product. Mine didn't leak, but the supplied mount clips were junk. Never again! The raystorm looks good in green!

Comment

Welcome aboard Dodfoddler.
        Thats one Green Machine.
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Hey welcome and nice build! There's just something about antikink coil that gets me... unfortunately i had to rma mine because i am nut and ordered the wrong size
          The Ultra Fancy Build
          The Bluehawk Pedestrian Build

The Bluehawk Ultra Build - Retired
          The Fancy Pedestrian Build - Retired

Comment

Nice rig you have there Doddfoddler
            Like the green
            that kink coil looks a little big is it the right size?

along with the others I like the raystorm in green

Comment

Yeah the coil is the right size, I think I just didn't stretch it enough. It's really more for the look anyways so I'm not overly concerned.

So I have some money from Christmas and I'm thinking of adding something, these are my options:

1) XSPC Raystorm block on the 680 (clear side window could be put back in)
              2) Tube res w/pump mount and some of that shiny swirly liquid
              3) The new COD with a year of xbox live ...

I realize the last option makes me sound like some preteen nerd but I swear I'm not!!!
              Anyways I'm definitely getting some new clear tubing and some dye (blue or green) because the green UV stuff now has some blotches on it which annoys me way more than it should.

So if you have any input please let me know, I'd really love to hear how well that nebula liquid works!

Comment

the Mayhem Aurora is pretty cool looking, but it shouldn't be considered for long term use.

Aurora is "NOT" made for use in a home system. It has been developed for show System's (modding) and Photo work. If looking for a fluid for a Home system / Gaming system please use Mayhems X1 or Mayhems Pastel range of fluids there are fully tested and working in any kind of loop.
                http://mayhems-aurora.wikispaces.com/
                HAF932 Mods
                C70 Mods

Comment

I'd go for the GPU block!

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                    the Mayhem Aurora is pretty cool looking, but it shouldn't be considered for long term use.

http://mayhems-aurora.wikispaces.com/
                    Damn, I just loved the way it looked and to be honest I really don't care if it knocked my temps up a bit but if it's actually going to hurt something then I'll steer clear. Gotta say the whole water cooling helped the temps a lot but I love the look more than anything!

Comment

Also all of the 680 blocks are out of stock which is making me cry

Comment

Nice looking rig Dodfoddler!
                        Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

So I think that I'm just going to get some new clear tubing with green dye. I realized that while my GTX 680 does get toasty, I can't justify spending $130 just to keep it a bit cooler right now ... that and I need to renew my passport which isn't cheap.

Anyways, I'll post some pictures when I get all the stuff going but that may be awhile since I haven't got around to making the order yet. I was hoping the Feser clear tubing would be in stock soon since it looks better than the XSPC stuff.

Comment

my 2 cents is that you go with Mayhems Pastel Coolant Concentrate - 250mL - Mint Green.. i just but some blue berry in mine and i love it i think it looks great!
                            The Ultra Fancy Build
                            The Bluehawk Pedestrian Build

The Bluehawk Ultra Build - Retired
                            The Fancy Pedestrian Build - Retired

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I was planning on getting the Mayhems UV Green to go with the rest of the build.

Comment

Working...
                              X