First Green Water Cooled Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tape has been acquired!

Parts should be here tomorrow but alas the delivery guys are dumb and can't understand that my apartment building doesn't have a buzzer ...

Comment

All the water parts and most everything else has been taken out of the case for a cleaning and to get ready for those new parts that'll be here tomorrow.

And now we play the waiting game Mr. UPS man ...

Comment

I love the cleanouts. damn, I'm due for that now that you mention it. woohoo!
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

It's shaping up to a big bad build.
          Nice parts.
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

The parts just came and I'm hoping to get a decent video of it all going together ... damn iPad keeps running out of memory though haha 1080p take up a lot of room

Comment

Woohoo, I love it when a build comes together! And then gets torn down and rebuilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacus View Post
                Woohoo, I love it when a build comes together! And then gets torn down and rebuilt.
                Seems I do this more often than upgrading my components; in the process now of cutting apart my old Corsair 700D, just for a bit of change.
                AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

Well after a lot of work I've put it together and will leak test it tomorrow. The front 2 fans are going to be replaced with a 200mm fan so that'll look a lot better and the HDD cage will be on the floor of the case between the PSU and res. I took my 120mm rad out as well because I don't think i need a 240 + 120 for just the CPU.

Sorry about the crappy pic, the sun was out and my phone doesn't always take the best pictures.

Comment

And here she is ... just a quick video right now since all the other ones need to be put together and sped up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhahQ0t2Iv0

Comment

Thats pretty cool effect for sure.
                      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Yeah I should have just ordered the green version of the fluid though ... not as dark green as I would have liked.

Comment

If too dark, you cannot see purl effect as much.
                          Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                          Venom Build: Build Log,
                          Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                          Orange Build: Final Video
                          HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

wow that some funky lookin coolant

Cool

Comment

Good point Daz, I have my mac crunching away putting the video together of it being built ... should be cool

I love when it shuts off that effect you get but I can't be turning off my PC every 10 seconds to see it lol
                              Last edited by DodFoddler; 01-08-2013, 09:51 PM.

Comment

That coolant looks like the same texture as my hand soap when the pump stops. Very cool looking! Holy crap, I just noticed you were Nova Scotia (I'm a displaced Cape Bretoner). This makes your build even better!

Comment

Working...
                                X