First Green Water Cooled Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodFoddler View Post
    ... I realized that while my GTX 680 does get toasty, I can't justify spending $130 just to keep it a bit cooler right now ...
    are you playing with the fan controller in EVGA Precision Tools?
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I was planning on getting the Mayhems UV Green to go with the rest of the build.
      up to you but if you like the pastel you can also get the uv concentrate and have both..

the mayhems uv green is also very nice
      The Ultra Fancy Build
      The Bluehawk Pedestrian Build

The Bluehawk Ultra Build - Retired
      The Fancy Pedestrian Build - Retired

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
        are you playing with the fan controller in EVGA Precision Tools?
        what exactly are you getting at bungz?
        The Ultra Fancy Build
        The Bluehawk Pedestrian Build

The Bluehawk Ultra Build - Retired
        The Fancy Pedestrian Build - Retired

Comment

Originally posted by alex5389 View Post
          what exactly are you getting at bungz?
          He's probably just seeing if I have the fans set better than stock which of course I do. I also have it overclocked to the max which is why it heats up but I have enough fans for now.

Comment

[QUOTE=DodFoddler;6033]So I think that I'm just going to get some new clear tubing with green dye. I realized that while my GTX 680 does get toasty, I can't justify spending $130 just to keep it a bit cooler right now ... that and I need to renew my passport which isn't cheap.

One good thing about spending the $130 to water cool that 680 is the quiet you get from not hearing the stock fan.
            Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

He's probably just seeing if I have the fans set better than stock which of course I do. I also have it overclocked to the max which is why it heats up but I have enough fans for now.
              just checking... I really found that my 680 DCII was a big crap shoot in OC stability.
              and IMO not really that much better in BF3... except that at stock I never crashed...
              HAF932 Mods
              C70 Mods

Comment

I maxed mine out and the stock fan really isn't that loud which surprised me. It's also never crashed either so I'm not sure if I got lucky with it or what but I love EVGA for it.

I will say that when I do crank up the fan to like 50-80% it gets pretty loud but I have 2 fans on the side of my case blowing air right onto the card.

Tomorrow I'm thinking that I'll order some tubing, nubula white + green dye (I know it's not for everyday use but I really ... really want it), and a tube res with a DDC mount in it. I've moved the 680 up to the top PCI slot now so there should be enough room to have the res on the HDD cage, I'll figure that all out when it gets here and should have a few pics.

Comment

...I have 2 fans on the side of my case blowing air right onto the card.
                  maybe you wanna turn these fans around and let them exhaust the heat? IDK about the EVGA, its kinda got that big shield right around the card, but at least on the DCII or Twin Frozr heatsinks, although they try to exhaust heat out the back, majority just blows out the side of the card. maybe worth a try if you're still worried...
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

The way I have the airflow in the case those 2 side fans take in air then the air either goes up through the top rad or into the GPU and it works really well so far.

Update: Just ordered the tube res, clear tubing and aurora + dye so hopefully that gets here quickly ... probably mid next week with any luck.
                    Last edited by DodFoddler; 12-29-2012, 05:11 PM.

Comment

I've heard both good and bad things about the aurora fluids. I heard of people running this successfully for a couple years. These seemed to be machines that only shutdown for short maintenance or reboots.
                      In many bay res's the perl won't form. It makes a mess of all you blocks rads and tubes. Changing color and getting clean enough can be a real pain.

But it looks cool and if you keep your machine running 24/7 then your may enjoy it.
                      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Thanks for the info hooded, I usually have the system on 24/7 and I don't plan to have it any other color than green so I hope it works.

Comment

Thanks for the info hooded, I usually have the system on 24/7 and I don't plan to have it any other color than green so I hope it works.
                          Post some updated pics when she's done!
                          Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Quick question, how do you mount a DDC pump to the case? I just realized I have no idea and it would be really helpful if someone could let me know. Thanks!

Comment

I think the Swiftec model comes with a nice double sided sticky foam bit... otherwise, Tape of the Gods mate.
                              HAF932 Mods
                              C70 Mods

Comment

And where would a mere mortal go about purchasing such godly tape?

After a quick google adventure I've found that I'm looking for Scotch 3M Tape and there's a good chance that Walmart down the road has it.
                                Last edited by DodFoddler; 12-31-2012, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X