Ive see the tape of the gawds at Home depot

3m 4010 tape I believe

Comment

ya man... Scotch 4010 or 4011 ...

http://www.homedepot.ca/product/scot...ng-tape/966836
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

Thanks guys, the Home Depot is right by the Walmart anyways. I was expecting I'd have to slay some mythical beast to get my hands on a roll of that tape though ... must say $5 seems like a let down

Comment

Originally posted by DodFoddler View Post
          Thanks guys, the Home Depot is right by the Walmart anyways. I was expecting I'd have to slay some mythical beast to get my hands on a roll of that tape though ... must say $5 seems like a let down
          You used to have to slay a beast while hoping on one foot and tapping your head - all at the same time.
          Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Doesn't the DDC pump have two mounting points for hold down bolts? All of mine do.
            The bottom of a DDC can get quite warm. Koolance actually makes heat sinks that can fit them.
            Daz has some Blue Plexi Glass Mounts in the store for mounting DDC pumps as well.

Just a couple more options to think about.
            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Yes there are 2 mounting points for bolts but I don't think I want to drill holes in my case quite yet. As for the mounting kit, it has a tube res that will be mounted on top so the way that mount works it would be sideways. Plus I've already placed the order so I guess I'll just tape it down and see how that goes. It will be in front of a fan so with any luck that will keep it from getting too hot.

Comment

the case floor is the best place to get wet drilling holes.

IMO.
                HAF932 Mods
                C70 Mods

Comment

Funny you should say that, the res/pump is going to be mounted on the case floor but sadly I don't have a single tool to drill with here (not enough room for everything in the apartment). I think there may be a few screw holes already in the floor though because the HDD racks can be moved around, so hopefully something will line up. If not ... TAPE!!!

Comment

Funny you should say that, the res/pump is going to be mounted on the case floor but sadly I don't have a single tool to drill with here (not enough room for everything in the apartment). I think there may be a few screw holes already in the floor though because the HDD racks can be moved around, so hopefully something will line up. If not ... TAPE!!!
                    Either tape of the gods or industrial strength velcro...both work equally well
                    AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

Velcro will allow you to move/remove pump for maintenance and/or future upgrades.
                      Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

proud to say, but I've drilled holes with a stubby screw driver and a short/fat self tapping screw.

not pretty or pro, but it works.
                        HAF932 Mods
                        C70 Mods

Comment

I'll look for some heavy duty Velcro but I think the tape is gonna be the way to go for now. Screwing it right to the case would make some vibration noise wouldn't it?

Comment

Attaching directly to case, I would think you would resinate for sure. Need a softener/padding between the pump and case.
                            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Yeah that's why I'm just gonna tape it because those little vibrations drive me insane.

Comment

I'll look for some heavy duty Velcro but I think the tape is gonna be the way to go for now. Screwing it right to the case would make some vibration noise wouldn't it?
                                I used a little foam (the type you get stuff packaged in) and so far the pump is silent.
                                Mario

Comment

Working...
                                X