No announcement yet.

Something New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice, Thx 10e, figured asus would be tired of getting boards back.

Got a cablemods 20% off card with the board, used them on my smh10 build will probably use them this time also but complete cable replacements this time.
    Blackout
    Something-New
    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Cool stuff nass, hope the board is good. It certainly looks good
      Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
      OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
      Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Excellent ! Should be a nice little build, sir. Let me know if you need any bits and pieces.
        3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Fingers crossed for ya Nass! I will be going Ryzen in the near future too, once boards get stabilized (and actually become AVAILABLE around here).

Comment

Thx guys, well if something is wrong with board will get it resolved. Like its looks so not going too another board now.

Picked up an evga ps today so will at least light it up. That part should work, lol. Now is just to see if I have the patience to wait for the 6 series chips...
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Played around with the second Crosshair for an hour or so today. Board powers on, second later it powers off, 2-3 seconds later it powers back on and loops continuously like this until power supply is shut off. Tried bare board, cpu in, cpu and ram, GPU and numerous combinations, no difference. Tried using BIOS Flashback to update to latest BIOS but it just loops and never attempts the flash. Packed up the Board and will ship it back tomorrow. Guy who owns it has decided to go with a Gigabyte Gaming 5 instead. Should also mention I tried resetting CMOS and let the board sit overnight with the battery removed.

I have never had a problem with Asus Motherboards before, currently have a system running on a Maximus VI Formula, have used 10+ Asus boards in the past 10 years or so, never a problem. My last two personal builds have used Gigabyte boards, Z97 because Asus took to long getting the Maximus VII Formula to retail and Z170 because I wanted to do a Black/White/Orange build and the SOC Force matched what I was looking for. Hopefully Asus gets the problems with this particular board straightened out sooner than later as it is a nice looking board.

Comment

Guys were saying that if you had a aio plugged into cpu fan header would cause it to boot loop, guess you probably tried that though disable in bios and power your fan for cpu otherwise idea.

Also that the wrong voltages was being sent in earlier bios's to the mem and cpu aparently.

Guess will see myself shortly...
                Blackout
                Something-New
                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

First board never made it in to BIOS once, so couldn't make any changes. The second board posted into BIOS once, made no changes, exited the BIOS, shut off psu, plugged in USB drive with updated BIOS on it, turned psu back on, pushed the power button and it has done nothing but boot loop since. No AIO in use, using an old air cooler I keep for checking new boards before installing into case, fan is powered off a molex with a single wire connector plugged into cpu fan header for rpm monitor, also tried with a normal 3 wire fan plugged into cpu fan header, a pwm fan and nothing plugged in.

Comment

The lighting on my motherboard runs no problem for awhile while testing this afternoon, no cpu, mem or ram in idea. Case and fan lighting works with a jumper on 24 pin, no fans running though for some reason just the lighting on them.
                    Last edited by nass; 03-19-2017, 08:39 PM.
                    Blackout
                    Something-New
                    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Ya sounds like am in for some fun here later on...Maybe see why the guy in Brampton at CC never picked up his board, as these were special order, or he did and returned it, who knows...Have only had one board a dfi that was bad, allot pissed me off over the years gigabyte included. I miss Abit lol.
                      Blackout
                      Something-New
                      Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Thx G, you still got any of those 360 rads I sold ya, am interested in one.
                        Blackout
                        Something-New
                        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Yeah the controller doesn't power fans. Just the lights in em.

Food for thought. Cheapest Ryzen's I can find in Canada

http://www.directcanada.com/category...&vendorid=1036

Comment

Trying to hold out for the
                            1600x
                            Blackout
                            Something-New
                            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Bills next few weeks so April 11 supposed to be in stores worldwide
                              Blackout
                              Something-New
                              Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Well the one thing that bothers me about this 570x case is the lack of space between motherboard bottom and ps cover.
                                Solution: am thinking fish the fan and front audio wires before securing the board to the stand off's. Usb3 cable have no choice except drilling a hole in the ps shroud cover to have a decent front on slightly angled approach to the header idea.

You guys see any problems with these ideas?
                                Blackout
                                Something-New
                                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Working...
                                X