No announcement yet.

Something New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What did fedex ask for at the door Warplane?
    Blackout
    Something-New
    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Next parts have a set of XPS adata in there for now, hate the red on them on this build anyway and am going to get

These, whats an rgb case without rgb ram..

Will add these in today.
      Blackout
      Something-New
      Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
        Next parts have a set of XPS adata in there for now, hate the red on them on this build anyway and am going to get

These, whats an rgb case without rgb ram..

Will add these in today.
        Nice Nass, I was thinking about getting some myself but I was worried on the compatibility with my x370 board. Amazing looks tho, I just got some of the non-led versions.
        My Imgur

Comment

ya may not work, will see, if not will look good in the Z170 gigabyte.
          Blackout
          Something-New
          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Post on Toms Hardware:

I have the Asus x370 Hero mb and R7 1800x with the Trident z RGB (2x8) 16gb 3200 ram. It seems to work just fine and the rgb lighting display is stuck in rainbow mode. I tried downloading the beta software but it crashes the Asus aura software when I do. Also this mb has a setting for ram at 3200 but i don't think its actually running at that speed because when i look under something else in the bios it says my ram max speed is 2133 which it's not. I am a total noob and this is my first build so I don't know about my speeds for sure. Also the hero mb fancy rgb lighting is stuck in rainbow mode when I shut my computer down. If anyone knows how to get that to turn off let me know! It's not the leds for the start button.
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

there is a beta software out for colour control but even g.skill says it is limited on x370 control.
              Blackout
              Something-New
              Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

This ram is supposed to oc like crazy is also the reason I picked it up. Apparently they hand picked these ones.
                Blackout
                Something-New
                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

G.skill has always overclocked pretty well for me, sounds like the LED ram will do even better. I read an article about LED ram saying that it was very hard/impossible to implement rgb through the dimm slots due to the fact that the info for the ram is already fully using those slots, so that the LED ram had to be faster just to work or something like that. Probably why they hand picked them. I think the article was written before the RGB from g.skill came out and proved them wrong, lol.

what speed did you get? apparently Ryzen won't work with 3000 speed so you have to either run 3200 or 29xx(or whatever that one right before 3000ghz is).
                  My Imgur

Comment

ya the 3000 is the one I got. think I have to set it too 2966 or what even divider they have close to 3000 for default on the ram. was thinking of running at faster 3600 or whatever Amd will alow me.

U get your system running on air yet?
                    Blackout
                    Something-New
                    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Local store had this one set of 3000 and 2 sets of 3600 in stock, they (g,skill) say that this ram will do into the 4000 speeds. So didn't see any reason to pay another 70 bucks too go to them with what I should be able to oc np. This chipset and cpu ram is more important I think as we are going to be more limited on cpu speeds at around 4Ghz, ram will be the thing to kick in the ass to get the system moving faster.

Will say these things are looking f/in sweet with this board black one side greyish other fits right in then the white on the center. Will post a pic maybe the default rainbow will work with no cpu.
                      Blackout
                      Something-New
                      Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Blackout
                        Something-New
                        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Originally posted by nass View Post
                          This ram is supposed to oc like crazy is also the reason I picked it up. Apparently they hand picked these ones.
                          I have never used RGB RAM or read much on the subject. But I wonder if the power consumption of the LEDs would limit the overclockability of the memory. This wouldnt matter much if just running at spec. But I wonder when pushed, if frequency would go higher if LEDs were disabled somehow.

I am not saying this is the case, but just wondering.

Comment

Ya seems they have worked around it as this ram is designed to be OC friendly they say . Be first time that I have used rgb ram also. See it an alot of utube vid guys machines, I noticed today.
                            Blackout
                            Something-New
                            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

I agree Nass, its down to the ram for remaining performance gains. I've heard ram speed is somehow linked to Ryzen's internal whatchamagig which may explain why ram speeds benifit Ryzen so much.

And yes I have it running last night, it has some rainbow rgb back light, haha.
                              My Imgur

Comment

Ya is in the fabric of the processor they say.😉

Is good to hear your system is working.
                                Blackout
                                Something-New
                                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Working...
                                X