No announcement yet.

Something New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Intel based systems, RAM speed really isn't a limiting factor to performance, there is usually another part of the system that will impede performance before RAM. With Ryzen, RAM speed will directly impact the performance of the CPU. Ryzen 7 is made up of two 4 core clusters that must communicate with each other across a bridge, that bridge run at 50% of RAM speed. Ryzen 3 and 5 will have cores disabled on each cluster to lower the core count, so the clusters will still require the bridge communication. This is more similar to dual CPU setups than having all 8 cores in the same cluster. This architecture can cause a performance hit compared to say a 6900k in that each time the clusters have to communicate across the bridge it introduces a step that just doesn't exist on the Intel CPU's. Some software can even ignore half the cores on a Ryzen CPU the same way it ignores a second CPU in a dual CPU setup, although it is limited to mostly older software very few people use at this point.

Comment

TLDR: Ryzen have two CCX (core complex ; you can also call that a module if you want). Each core complex have 4 core (or less for R5) and they communicate between them with the "infinty fabric". The infinity fabric clock is at half the speed of the ram 1:2. So if you have 3600MHz ram, the Infinity fabric will be at 1800MHz.

The best ram for Ryzen right now are the one with the Samsung B-die. like this one. https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...-205-_-Product

How you can recognize them. all the timing are equal 14-14-14. 15-15-15, 16-16-16, etc...

Comment

Theses posts better explain the fabric, me would have had a week of spelling errors to correct.
        Blackout
        Something-New
        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Will have to look up my timings or maybe set them manually am thinking
          Blackout
          Something-New
          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Well this Asus ch6 motherboard is working also with this rgb gskill ddr3000 mem will post up some pics once Windows stops updating lok
            Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Got some more toys today

Blackout
              Something-New
              Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Nice to see the asus ch6 board is working and also the rgb ram at least @2133 for now. Havent played with oc yet temps in bios were 26 with this amd cooler, pretty impressed with that really considering.
                Blackout
                Something-New
                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Good stuff
                  Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                  Venom Build: Build Log,
                  Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                  Orange Build: Final Video
                  HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Thz guys, ya at least the on air test worked out, sitting at 3.6 now on cpu done nothing on ram yet think that is it for the night.
                      Blackout
                      Something-New
                      Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Lookin good Nass

thats a lot of bling
                        Last edited by Father Fuzzy; 04-04-2017, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Thx FF, ya she is colourfull, be different once the water cooling and rads are in
                          Amd has allot of light just in cpu fan, the cool stuff is the ram.
                          Last edited by nass; 04-04-2017, 08:44 AM.
                          Blackout
                          Something-New
                          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Ya just glad it is working, loadamas had me worried with his 2 bad early boards
                            Blackout
                            Something-New
                            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Looks awesome! Wish I had got the cooler as well but I wanted to save a few $$, lol.
                              My Imgur

Comment

Thx Necro, I cool but want last long till get the aqua in their
                                Blackout
                                Something-New
                                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Working...
                                X