Something New

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nass View Post
    Ya just glad it is working, loadamas had me worried with his 2 bad early boards
    Glad you had better luck with the Crosshair, I have built two 1700X systems since then, one with the Gigabyte K7 and the other with the Asrock Taichi. Both of them worked out well.

Comment

Ya been all night ocing it, seems not doing so good on my ram maybe will try looser timings next..
      Blackout
      Something-New
      Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Got a couple mint condition rads from 10e, Thx man.

240 black ice in the top of my case and an stx30 alphacool for my front rad, so basically 5 x 120 for raddage. Have 3 more sp120 rgb fans for the top rad and back of case.

Only concern so far is the front rad exhausting into the case and inlet/outlet at the bottom of case, 2 things I usually don't do in a build. Need to get some splitters for the case fans then will post some more pics once get them lit up.
        Blackout
        Something-New
        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

big part of the bling am losing this morning, picked up some g.skill flare x 14 14 14 34 3200 ram. gfx code and am4 compatible on the box

Blackout
          Something-New
          Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

This was too easy docp standard detected everything booted right up

Blackout
            Something-New
            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Have splitters if you need, nass. Give me a yell. Nice aggressive looking Ram !
              3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

This was too easy docp standard detected everything booted right up

I can't recall through the thread, didn't you have Trident Z sticks before the Flare X? If so, were they giving you trouble?

Comment

Thx G, need to look through my stash see if have something already, if not will give ya a shout.

Ya Gutter, haven't checked which ic is on this ram I have now but my tridentz 3000 rgb was hynix ic's, 2666 was the max I could do on this board with them, now am at 3200 14 14 14 34 1t with this flareX.

Actually this black ram looks nice on this board.
                  Blackout
                  Something-New
                  Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Picked these up @ markham CC is one more set in Mississauga CC I notice for anyone looking for them.
                    Blackout
                    Something-New
                    Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Ya Gutter, haven't checked which ic is on this ram I have now but my tridentz 3000 rgb was hynix ic's, 2666 was the max I could do on this board with them, now am at 3200 14 14 14 34 1t with this flareX.

Actually this black ram looks nice on this board.
                      Ok thanks man, I'm pretty sure mine are samsung B die, but from the looks of it from other forums not everyone is having success with Trident Z 3200 14D GTZ... I hope I made the right choice. Yeah those Flare look awesome! I kinda wish I went with them instead.

Comment

ya these are b-die samsung

Blackout
                        Something-New
                        Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Very nice Nass! I hope my Trident stuff is as hassle free as the flare-x. Doubt mine will run at their rated 3600 speed, but I'd be happy with 3200 and nice tight timings like you have!

Comment

Ya was a little effie at first Bart, damn things are $270 for 16 gig and no lights lol, glad they run at there rated at least, ya do notice a difference also not wow but cool, is faster to boot and load desktop u notice that right out of the gate. No options yet for faster speeds, guess manual maybe possible, at least with b-die best chance with ocing also with these ic's.
                            Blackout
                            Something-New
                            Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Yeah, I paid $299 for 3600 / CL15. Eeek! That 3200 should be a nice infinity fabric boost with Ryzen though. Everything should be a little faster, well everything that uses both CCXs anyway. I think you spent the $$$ wisely.

Comment

Ya is not so bad my son wants the 3000 rgb for his z270 system so is not money wasted on that ram and glad this is b-die that I bought.
                                Blackout
                                Something-New
                                Sma8-Caselabs

Comment

Working...
                                X