Bungwirez HAF932 mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Shame RFLMAO
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K | Crucial 4x4Gb | OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB | WD Velociraptor 1TB | AMD r9 290 Crossfire | Win8.1 Pro 64 | EK-Supremacy | 2 x Alphacool XT45 360 | EK - FC290 | 2x Liang DDC 3.25 | Koolance RP - 401X2 | Case Labs M8 |

Comment

HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
        Now let me clear things up here a bit; when we "Admins" kick folks (both oldies and youngsters), we tend not to kick them in the head (leaves too many obvious marks), but go straight for the goodies every time RFLMAO
        AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

WINNER!!

too easy lolz
          I can't count how many times I've had to recheck which port is the inlet (1/2" compression fittings tend to cover up the "In" part) before connecting the tubing. Happens to everybody; both new, and old diehards
          AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

Wish I could do this to some of my co-workers ! RFLMAO
            Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

The night time pics of the ROG logo looks killer!
              Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

For the top mounted fans, are they blowing air into the case or the other way around? I'm mounting a 360 rad in my HAF 932 and I'm not sure if I want them blowing air out or sucking air in.
                Mario

Comment

out or you overheat your RAM.
                  Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                  Venom Build: Build Log,
                  Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                  Orange Build: Final Video
                  HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Agreed.
                    Even if you don't manage to overheat you RAM; remember the old saying " heat rises", still applies to PC's.

Comment

I have to disagree to extent yes heat rises and all but if fans are powerful enough (which most are nowadays) it will push more than enough air through the rad to cool the RAM and VRM and keep the hot air somewhere in the middle where it is immediately exhausted out the back while the front fans help it along not only that, it will also improve your temperature by now using fresh cooler air from the outside rather than hot air from within your case. I choose to go with Corsair SP120(static pressure) high-performance edition in push configuration but if you did push/pull would be even better I'd say.

Comment

I had air "in" in my first build (HAF932 by the way) and I had my Windows gave me Blue Screen of death from time to time. It turns to be ram was overheating. I had triple rad with 1500rpm fans on CPU+2xGPU loop.
                        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                        Venom Build: Build Log,
                        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                        Orange Build: Final Video
                        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

Well my first build with this case i went with air out and it worked fine, i thought i'd try something different this time around which in theory made sense to me and still does so now im confused

Comment

I agree with both of you. Natural convection will be upward, but the fans will overcome it. But fighting convection will have effects in how air behaves in your case. In places where the fan air doesn't hit, convection will force hot air up. This tug of war (or actual war) can cause little micro hot spots (areas where hot air can stagnate). It might not bite you every time, but the best recommendation is to not fight convection.

Comment

Originally posted by DazMode View Post
                              I had air "in" in my first build (HAF932 by the way) and I had my Windows gave me Blue Screen of death from time to time. It turns to be ram was overheating. I had triple rad with 1500rpm fans on CPU+2xGPU loop.
                              My case is a HAF 932 as well. Does it make a difference that my ambient air temp is around 19 degrees celcius? My computers are in the basement, hence the "hockey rink" temps - not that I'm complaining!
                              Mario

Comment

I told you it was cold down there...

lower ambient is better overall since the lowest temp your water can attain is within a few degrees of room temp.
                                HAF932 Mods
                                C70 Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X