No announcement yet.

Bungwirez HAF932 mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyway, its coming apart again, I'll do up some step by steps for you. damn I need a video camera.

going to see if the XSPC Ram block will be compatible with the BP RAM heatshields. maybe, maybe not.
    Last edited by bungwirez; 07-11-2012, 03:32 PM.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Well, its a damn good thing I went and dissembled everything. I found out the hard way that my mosfet block is leaking... IDK if its fixable. eitherway, I left it out of my build and went ahead and fixed up the rig so I can at least get back to BF3. actually been soo long that I almost forget how to play --- NOT!

PICS later today.
      HAF932 Mods
      C70 Mods

Comment

So here's the deal.

setting up a test loop outside of your case is the BEST.
        No Leak...

Leak...

... I must have damaged this block when I dissembled it. bummer cause its a rare item.

anywho... I went on with the re-construction without this block and it looks like things actually turned out ok.

Gotta wait till its dark to get some night time pics and see how my lights worked out.
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

whats damaged about it

Comment

I think the o-ring is split.
            and sadly, I stripped one of the screws trying to take it apart.
            So at present I can't really take it all apart again to see whats up.
            Need a proper tool for the stripped screw head.

but not tonite.
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

Hey bungwirez,

I think it looks better with less tubing. Yours is an awesome system! Great job!
              Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post

but not tonite.
                Duct tape will fix that!
                Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Actually I was looking at some waterproof seelants. Idk. Probably I'll. Just chaulk it up as a loss
                  HAF932 Mods
                  C70 Mods

Comment

I just realized from the image of the front of your case, you have no optical drives or fan controllers?

The HAFX top looks like it belongs to the 932 bottom! Before you skinned them was the colour a match between the two?
                    Mario

Comment

I sacrifice the drive bays for dual rad config. Plus my drain port is in there too. I keep my HDD in the box that sits under my pump rez combo and the SSD is taped on the backside. I'm using the bitspower multi molex grid for my fancontoller. U can switch cables between 5 7 and 12V. Pumps are on there too.

And yes the case top is a perfect match color
                      HAF932 Mods
                      C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
                        I have a box of EK spares, so I may have screw like that. Any idea what it is? Like "M4 3mm". I do not have o-rings, but It probably possible to try to get off ek.
                        Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                        Venom Build: Build Log,
                        Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                        Orange Build: Final Video
                        HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

If I can get the screw out, I'll take you up on that (if I can't find one in my collection of TenThousandScrews).
                          The O-Ring is definately split. How it happened, I dunno.
                          maybe it got squished and cut when I was screwing the block?
                          I'll give EK a ring today see if they can help out.
                          Thanks Daz
                          HAF932 Mods
                          C70 Mods

Comment

Just a short update.

First off, in case anyone is interested, here is my current PC building tool kit.
                            Missing of course is the Metro Data Vacuum ED500 - actually its a dust blower, and yes, it blows dust.
                            http://www.canadacomputers.com/produ...item_id=039014

So here's my desk...

And here's some darkness...

I gotta say, I'm very happy with things, expect that my CPU temps are a little high - just more than 60C on load...
                            I'll let you guys decide from this pic what I've done wrong.

Coming up Next: I hit the spray paint store.
                            Last edited by bungwirez; 07-31-2012, 01:33 PM.
                            HAF932 Mods
                            C70 Mods

Comment

Did you mix up the inlet and outlet ports on the CPU block?
                              Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Intel i7 3930K | Crucial 4x4Gb | OCZ Vertex 3 MaxIOPS 240GB | WD Velociraptor 1TB | AMD r9 290 Crossfire | Win8.1 Pro 64 | EK-Supremacy | 2 x Alphacool XT45 360 | EK - FC290 | 2x Liang DDC 3.25 | Koolance RP - 401X2 | Case Labs M8 |

Comment

Originally posted by drkCrix View Post
                                Did you mix up the inlet and outlet ports on the CPU block?
                                WINNER!!

too easy lolz
                                HAF932 Mods
                                C70 Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X