No announcement yet.

HAF 932 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decided on some New Year's Eve pron...lol....did up that LED switch mod to go along with the first one for the CCFL's. Turned out fairly well I think, gotta do a decent paint job but thats a job for the New Year! Happy New Year One and All!!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Switch Mod #2 009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	74843 Click image for larger version

Name:	Switch Mod #2 011.jpg
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	74844 Click image for larger version

Name:	Switch Mod #2 012.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	74845 Click image for larger version

Name:	Switch Mod #2 016.jpg
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	74846 Click image for larger version

Name:	Switch Mod #2 019.jpg
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	74847
    CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
    XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Thanks for sharing your pron
      lookin good
      way to save space

Comment

Nice Gears. where'd you get the switch from?
        HAF932 Mods
        C70 Mods

Comment

Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
          Nice Gears. where'd you get the switch from?
          hmm. NZXT maybe?? from the LED strip ... right?
          HAF932 Mods
          C70 Mods

Comment

Nice work GEARjmr!! It looks factory!
            Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Thanks fellow modders...you betcha bungwirez...NZXT it is,still have the old PCB installed in the back PCI slot...right between the gpus. Had 2 strips, put the new switch up front and just re connected the strip power lead to it. I have a 3x 4pin molex PCI slot plate and would like to install it so the connectors face into the case from the back. That way I should be able to get those gpu and cpu waterblock LED's happenin'. May have to shorten up one lead per pair for the inside corner LED's to make it nice and neat between the gpus. Will have to run the 4 pin molex lead for that back into the case from the back. Gotta plan...hope it works...lol. Hope you all have a great 2013!!!
              CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
              XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

Hi All, got that 3x Molex PCI cover connector in place and it works and doesn't look too shabby. No switch for the cpu and gpu LEDs...yet...but it looks good...lol. Ran into some trouble after I drained, cleaned, changed a few fittings and did a few more things. I put it back together and fired up the pump and cripes no flow. The pump was tryin but I could see the bubbles not movin'. Hmm...what to do, what to do. I narrowed the restriction down to the cpu water block and had to take it out and inspect. Since I've not taken one apart before I was being extra careful taking out the four allen screws and taking the copper base off. Looking inside I found a piece of linty lookin' crap in there. It plugged the cpu block so bad that I could barely blow through it when I was initially trying to find the blockage ( disconnected the tubing from the out port of the rad and the in port of the gpus and could barely get my old man lungs to muster up enough pressure to blow through it ). I have a dentist tool...you know the one they use to scale your teeth with when cleaning and picked it outta there clean as a whistle. Other than that the block was tres clean. Pretty darn big chunk too. Got lucky with the o-rings putting it back together and we have mega flow again. Funny thing is that my temps and flow seemed to be a-ok before I even drained it. Took a few pics when I had the cpu block apart but they didn't turn out but I have a few others I'll post later. Thanks for takin' the time to read this rather lengthy post!

Comment

Hey GEARjmr! Any idea what the "linty" stuff was?
                  Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

H'mm strange to say the least. This is the same build that had the leaking video card?
                    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Hey...jeez no scaccima, but thats exactly what it looked like. No leaking gpus here Hooded..not yet anyway!..lol. Here's what I did to narrow it down though. Drained, which was fun since I had a brain fart the last ime I had it apart and forgot to install the drain, disconnected the out port from the bottom gpu, left off the stop plug from the bottom gpu ( which I used to drain ) I'm figuring that way I'm blowing through whole system. It was too hard to blow through I thought, so I disconnected the out port from the rad and blew though the gpu out port tubing again, blew nice and easy through the res, pump and rad. Left one stop plug off the bottom gpu and blew though the tubing of the out port of the rad so now I'm blowing through the cpu and gpus, still too hard. Disconnected the in port of the top gpu so Ive got the cpu with two tubes open, blew through the out rad tubing and still too hard so I thought it had to be the cpu but to make sure I attached a piece of tubing with a fitting on it to the in port of the top gpu and it blew easy through the two gpus. Thats when I found the lint in the cpu block, time consumming but it was fun trackin' it down! Found pics of the lint I musta missed. Click image for larger version

Name:	Lint in the System 025.jpg
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	74849 Click image for larger version

Name:	Lint in the System 024.jpg
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	74848
                      It was ALOT smaller when it was wet...lol.
                      Last edited by GEARjmr; 01-04-2013, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Here's some pron from yesterday.

Name:	Pump Mod etc 004.jpg
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	74850
                        Had to file out one of the holes on the pump mod backplate to fit in the power and rev cables.

Name:	Pump Mod etc 015.jpg
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	74851
                        Pump mod on the pump.
                        uting.

Name:	Pump Mod etc 019.jpg
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	74852 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pump Mod etc 036.jpg
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	74853 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pump Mod etc 037.jpg
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	74854
                        Molex PCI slot in place. From inside the case. Routing.

Comment

Hey! Since I'm a noob I feel I have a good excuse for not knowin' what heck I'm doin. Since I got that piece of crappage outta the cpu block my temps while under load have dropped by about 10-15 degrees. While benchmarking and gaming temps have not gone above 45-50 at the highest. I have no idea how long or how it got in there. I thought mabe it came from a rag or somethin' but I use pen caps to plug my tubing while the are disconnected. It seems that the rad never really totally drains and if I bump the case just a little too hard a little leaks outta the ports. Since the first time that happened I use stop plugs in the ports if I'm takin' the tubing off from the rad, but sometimes I'll disconnect from the cpu and the res so I stick those Bic pen caps in the tubing and it plugs 'em up fine. Thanks again for takin' the time to read my posts guys! A few more pics.

Name:	Pump Mod etc 023.jpg
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	74861 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pump Mod etc 029.jpg
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	74862 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pump Mod etc 033.jpg
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	74863 Click image for larger version

Name:	Lint in the System 001.jpg
Size:	109.0 KB
ID:	74864 Click image for larger version

Name:	Lint in the System 010.jpg
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	74865

Had to make and sleeve a Molex extention for the PCI slot cover and what the inside looks like now.
                          Last edited by GEARjmr; 01-06-2013, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Very nice work Gears.

What is the Molex PCI Slot cover being used for?
                            Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                            OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                            Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Loving the black and blue combo GEARS!!!!!!!!!! nice pics too!
                              Mario

Comment

Loop is looking sweet there Gears. Keep at it!
                                HAF932 Mods
                                C70 Mods

Comment

Working...
                                X