No announcement yet.

800d + hx-1080

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be excellent sir. And like FF says, a great use of points. Nice to see another Nikon in the fold.
    3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

I assembled and attached the second rad last night and manually primed it. Snapped a couple quick pictures which I'll post when it is actually running. Weighed the assembly of both radiators, res, and mostly primed with fluid... came to ~32lbs with the step on the scale and then hold the part and step on the scale approach . I really need to start looking at options to put the rad in their own enclosure.

And it was about time i worked on it the dust build up was getting a bit bad even with filters.
      Corsair 800D
      2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
      Software Developer

Comment

Really got to give corsair credit on the durability of the 800D. The side panel has had no extra reinforcement or anything along those lines. Both sets of fans are set to push right now so air in getting sucked in through the center and out.

Edit: They really need their own home though getting kinda silly .
        Corsair 800D
        Software Developer

Comment

That's some serious radage mate.
          Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
          OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
          Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

I like this Izerous.

I've worked on the 800D and although its big, with rads in their respective interior locations, the build quickly becomes crammed.

this is definitely the way to go!!
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

I'm finding that my idle temperatures are typically within 1'c or ambient room temperatures. The corsair link commander is really screwy right now with the fan control though, to be honest it never seemed to work 100% correctly from day one. I'm hoping to sit down the next couple days and see how it does under a full simulated load.
              Corsair 800D
              Software Developer

Comment

Yeah most have said that Corsair link is always a 81tch to get working properly.

Nice job on the huge radiators! I love the 800D as it is built like a tank, and is a REAL Obsidian IMHO. I always regretted not getting one of these.
                DS340-E: Core I7 3770K Undervolted at 4.3Ghz, Asrock Z77 Extreme-3, 16GB of Adata XPG V2 gold RAM at 2200mhz, XFX R9 290 with EK water block and (I love) gold backplate, EK tubing, Bitspower and Darkside fittigs, Darkside RGB lighting with handy remote control, WD Black Dual (120GB SSD+1TB mechanical) hard disk, Swiftech PWM fan controller, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Comment

Woohoo! Talk about cooling. Ambient temp for the components is awesome.

My wife digs the rig, especially the fans since I have the same. I can't wait to finish Redemption and start working on my 800D with Aquacomputer rads.

Comment

Picked up a FX-8370 and installed a beta bios with FX support. Going to try and get the 1100T swapped out. Would have already done it but the Crimson driver issues not enabling crossfire took my free time over the weekend.
                    Corsair 800D
                    Software Developer

Comment

• Originally posted by Izerous View Post
                      ....but the Crimson driver issues...
                      Luke... come to the Green side.
                      HAF932 Mods
                      C70 Mods

Comment

• I always wanted to build something from scratch but i have been going over my plans, materials costs etc and well the amount of time i would need to do it all that i dont seem to have, then i saw a victim.

I found a 270R on sale with mail in rebate and its more expensive for me to buy enough scrap sheet steel to make a plain basic box the same size than this case on sale. After some measurements and with everything apart for cleaning and waiting for the 1080ti that still hasnt come in decided to grab it.

The plan is to drill out the rivets for the motherboard tray and mount these massive radiators internally with a little bit of scrap steel i picked up to make mounting brackets. Then if everything fits like it should ill be able to mount the res and pumps intenrally. Will essentially end up with a large external cooler that isnt a massive growth.

I need to run over two lengths of tube, a PWM feed or two to feed these PWM boards i grabbed, and power. Id like to do something nicer than a length of molex but i dont have any ideas as of yet on how to make that super pretty.

Hopefully no more blood will be spilt on this, took a nice layer of skin not being careful enough with the scrap sheet steel going through the scrap bins.

Becuase i had already went redicuously overboard on the radiators its not a loud computer, combine that with a severe reduction in heat, and actually encloing all of the fans it should be all that much quieter.

All of that and the fact that i removed almost every hard drive after grabbing a small NAS and even the 800D will be that much easier to downsize.
                        Corsair 800D
                        Software Developer

Comment

• Nice, you're going to put the 3x3 rads inside the case? This sounds really cool, pun intended.
                          My Imgur

Comment

• what felt like 100 rivets and a jigsaw later I changed up my plans a bit. I decided to rotate the radiators 90' which means the res and pumps won't fit internally which is fine I'll keep the pumps in the main tower and the res will move into the main tower as well. The change allows me to build the equivalent of a sliding motherboard tray with the radiator assembly attached for easier maintenance in the future.

I now however have a very useable motherboard tray for a future project.

MemEx had asked me if I wanted to cover the tower with the in store product replacement plan...
                            Corsair 800D
                            Software Developer

Comment

• Still need to clean things up a bit and finish making the sliding tray before I re-plum and wire it up. Oh and some ducting of sorts to help direct the airflow.
                              Corsair 800D
                              Software Developer

Comment

• Turns out the Darkside hardline fittings are not compatible with my motherboard waterblock. It isn't a problem with the threading but with the width of the textured area to thread it in as it makes contact with the heads of the waterblock's screw heads. Had some spacers that had a more narrow outside diameter to get them fitted... not perfect but it works.
                                Corsair 800D
                                Software Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X