• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alex5389
    replied
    some soft pron!

Issa perdy!

Soon you two shall be joined as one..

First attempt could have been worst, data collected, should be very interesting to build a loop with this!

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Originally posted by MRDcanadian View Post
    woohhooo another build log on the way. parts list looks good. i have the motherboard block myself but didn't install it as i am missing a few parts for the watercooled loop. will be waiting for the pron!!
    hey canadian
    I Cant wait put it in, but at second glance the cpu channels don't look so impressive :/ we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• MRDcanadian
    replied
    woohhooo another build log on the way. parts list looks good. i have the motherboard block myself but didn't install it as i am missing a few parts for the watercooled loop. will be waiting for the pron!!

Leave a comment:

• Father Fuzzy
    replied
    Bring it on

I'll get Dip

Leave a comment:

• bungwirez
    replied
    We'll take whatever kinda pron you got!!

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Online tracking says some of my tracking numbers have arrived today! You guys ready for some pron this weekend??? It will be gritty hidden camera quality pron(when compared to FF's HD Pron) but I am looking into borrowing a better camera for pics later in the build log..

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    I am happy to announce that The Fancy Pedestrian build has gotten the green light from my better half!!! I have updated my parts list for you guys and have started to order part (slowly), pics to come this weekend!! I have taken FF's advice and picked a different ssd, it might not be the quickest but that's not really an issue.

Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
    that is a great mobo you can also get a full mobo block for it http://www.dazmode.com/_forum/showth...ll=1#post18725
    I am soo excited for this mobo it looks like it has some awesome functionality!

I am also proud to announce that I have settled on acrylic tubing it really looks like it will be fun.

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Originally posted by Hooded View Post
    Hairdryer on high would work without so much chance of over heating it.
    Oh, no way? I didn't think that would be hot enough, I actually happen to have a spare one I can use. Awesome thanks!

Btw you and DAZ have me buggin out about the video card now.

This got lost one the previous page.

Originally posted by alex5389 View Post
    Well now you guys have me worried.. Do you guys mean I should call EK? The cooling config says that the only one they physically tested with is that one, is it known to be faulty?

Leave a comment:

• Hooded
    replied
    Hairdryer on high would work without so much chance of over heating it.

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
    No way ... HardTube is excellent... totally a great way to go.

I can still call you crazy for other reasons if you want.
    Looks like a lot of work but the final product will probably be beautiful!

Would anyone know how powerful a heat gun i would need for the acrylic?

Leave a comment:

• bungwirez
    replied
    Originally posted by alex5389 View Post
    ... I want to do it entirely with acrylic tubing? Would you call me crazy?
    No way ... HardTube is excellent... totally a great way to go.

I can still call you crazy for other reasons if you want.

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
    I've been using 3/8-5/8 lately and bends nice without kinking and not as bulky as 3/4

after having stain issues i've been using coloured tube and clear fluid so havent tried any clear tubing to recommend
    What if I told you guys that after seeing danex's dark night red I want to do it entirely with acrylic tubing? Would you call me crazy?

Originally posted by Hooded View Post
    I'm with FF on the Tube size.

Parts looks good to me. But like Daz says be very very careful buying your GPU block.
    And the full board block sounds like the right move as well.

Got to say Daz and FF have already hit all things I thought and a couple more.
    Well now you guys have me worried.. Do you guys mean I should call EK? The cooling config says that the only one they physically tested with is that one, is it known to be faulty?

Leave a comment:

• Hooded
    replied
    I'm with FF on the Tube size.

Parts looks good to me. But like Daz says be very very careful buying your GPU block.
    And the full board block sounds like the right move as well.

Got to say Daz and FF have already hit all things I thought and a couple more.

Leave a comment:

• Father Fuzzy
    replied
    I've been using 3/8-5/8 lately and bends nice without kinking and not as bulky as 3/4

after having stain issues i've been using coloured tube and clear fluid so havent tried any clear tubing to recommend

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Hey guys I need some help with picking tubing please help!

I need to decide on the size. I am leaning towards the 1/2" as my experience with the 3/8"(3/8" ID 1/2" OD) was that it was kinda easy to kink if your connections are short probably because of the thin walls. What are your experiences?

I also think I want to go with clear tubing for this build, any recommendations on brands that wont fog at all?
    Last edited by alex5389; 01-13-2014, 09:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X