Clear All

• 10e
    replied
    I wish we had a Microcenter up here. Their pricing is awesome on CPUs

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Originally posted by gdesmo View Post
    Ha Ha ! Surprised you would last that long !
    Actually I don't think I will..
    Originally posted by DazMode View Post
    Luckily I have full basement to my own, so things can be standing here for Years!
    Lucky! I could only dream of that kind of space in my life...

On a happier note I have decided to upgrade the CPU a little bit to the 3770k instead of the 3570k! I thought since I have already gone over budget might as well treat myself especially since microcenter is offering them at such a good price! I really wish one could buy processors without the heatsink and fan and maybe save a couple dollars while at it.

Leave a comment:

• DazMode
    replied
    Luckily I have full basement to my own, so things can be standing here for Years!

Leave a comment:

• gdesmo
    replied
    Ha Ha ! Surprised you would last that long !

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Originally posted by bungwirez View Post
    you know .... there's nothing wrong with taking a hiatus.
    cripes, I'm going on what, 6 - 8 - 12 months?? lolz
    I think my better half would literally cut me if I take up the dining room table longer than a few weeks.
    Possible chain of events as I see them happening illustrated in emoji:
    Week 1
    Week 2
    Week 3 or

Leave a comment:

• bungwirez
    replied
    you know .... there's nothing wrong with taking a hiatus.
    cripes, I'm going on what, 6 - 8 - 12 months?? lolz

Leave a comment:

• DazMode
    replied
    I got frustrated with Mocha too, but after 1 month it feels ok to get back to it.

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Originally posted by Hanoverfist View Post
    Make or Break the Hobby for you????
    Nonsense!! My good man.
    Don't give up Alex.
    Thanks for the support guys the will really be needed here! But all in all CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!

Maybe its time we introduced you to our good friend Mr.Dremel ... he always finds a way to make room
    As for him, he and I have been on first name basis lately. Have no doubt there will be PLENTY of on this one! Got some big plans! <-- But that's all talk for now..

Oh btw, this is the video i think that Epoch was referring to. But personally I think this guys is a nucking fut if he thinks hes fitting all that shit in there, especially with that extra thick 140 rad in there there will be barely any room for a pump! I'd love to be proved wrong on this one but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the reason that log hasn't been updated for a while..

Leave a comment:

• bungwirez
    replied
    Don't give up Alex. Maybe its time we introduced you to our good friend Mr.Dremel ... he always finds a way to make room

Leave a comment:

• Hanoverfist
    replied
    Make or Break the Hobby for you????

Nonsense!! My good man.

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Originally posted by Father Fuzzy View Post
    alright alex

thats a cool case

hope you can cram some good fans in it
    Hey Fuzzy. I decided to go for a couple of these. its no look so good for static pressure... Wondering how quiet this thing will actually be. I was hoping to hook up all the fans to the gpu header but now it might have to be the cpu? Is my logic right there?

Originally posted by Epoch View Post
    The Corsair blog has a three part series on installing a custom loop inside the 250D. They are using a slim 240mm radiator and standard 25mm thick fans. You may want to double check their articles as you should be able to use real fans with an appropriate radiator.
    Hey Epoch. Thanks for the link but unfortunately I am using a different type of mother board then he is. THIS here is what mine looks like in all of it's crazy VRM glory. In my case i think the 15mil fans are gonna be pressed up against the mobo there.

Ive had a couple of days with the case now. Have been extremely sick so have not been able to work on it too much at all. First impressions however are: "WOW MAN THINGS ARE TIGHT IN HERE!". I mean i knew it was gonna be a challenge but damn! I have gone way way over my budget and frankly am tired of spending money on it at this point. Still need to go to microcenter for the processor.. Need to sit down and really work on it but damn this thing is gonna be the build of my lifetime, it might very well make or break this hobby for me! It just got real serious up in this bitch for me.

Leave a comment:

• Epoch
    replied
    The Corsair blog has a three part series on installing a custom loop inside the 250D. They are using a slim 240mm radiator and standard 25mm thick fans. You may want to double check their articles as you should be able to use real fans with an appropriate radiator.

Leave a comment:

• Father Fuzzy
    replied
    alright alex

thats a cool case

hope you can cram some good fans in it

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Amazon says I will have my 250d next week!!

Leave a comment:

• alex5389
    replied
    Originally posted by Hero1 View Post
    Nice work on the fans and I have to agree that you will need to make a pedestal or somehow mod the case to make it accept the rad and fans that you have.
    Looking into some 15mil fans. I have some 15mil gelids in my bluehawk that are pretty good maybe a pair of titans.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X