No announcement yet.

Hooded's CM690 Build - Blue Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there is so much going on that is awesome custom work.
    the topside radbox, the complex multifitting loop, and of course the dragon.

you just need to touch it up a bit...
    I trust this is all Dremel work, so you prolly got a couple of those stone grinders,
    take that to the edges for smoothing, and then a little model paint black to cover the exposed silver.
    or just wrap it all up in carbon fiber!!

Can't wait to see your lights work out....
    Very impressive bro.
    HAF932 Mods
    C70 Mods

Comment

Awesome looking board ! Nice neat job of complex loop.
      Last edited by gdesmo; 10-29-2012, 01:00 AM.
      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

Thanks All.

I've had a lot of fun with this, and have learned lots of new stuff durring this build.

Been playing Sniper all day hasn't got above 50Âșc yet so may do a little Ocing
        Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
        OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
        Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Nicely Done! I love how you made the external radiator fit in.

Comment

I was scanning though the comments and I apologize if it was mentioned but I simply missed it but what did you wrap around the external rad?
            Corsair 800D
            2xD5S > FX-8370 > CH4-EX > 6990 > 6990 > 2x1080 rads > return
            Software Developer

Comment

I used a lighting panel for a florescent ceiling light. Ones used in a drop ceiling. I cut up and bent it in to a box using my heat gun.
              It was like a brital white plastic. I purchased a Bits Powered triple rad cover for the top of it. That is what the dragon is made from as well, to allow the blue light to pass thur.
              I cracked the corner of the top rad cover installing it, so now I'm making another from some aluminum I've found.

Comment

So I got the dragon to light up a bit better. This is a 6" and a 12"cold cathodesetup, think I'll go with 2 - 12" cold cathodes to get it lit up right

Attached Files

Comment

Awesome keeps getting better

Comment

Classy act Hoody.!
                    HAF932 Mods
                    C70 Mods

Comment

• Really nice work Hooded!
                      Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

• Sorry a little late on the posting here Hooded but DAMN you do good work!
                        CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
                        XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

• Thanks GEARjmr, that box is purring right along. Just tried Borderlands 2 on it. Plays really nice with temps inthe 50's.

Comment

• First Badge Earned

Just won this months February Case Build of the Month with my
                            Blue Dragon Build
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Hooded; 03-01-2013, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Congrat`s Hoody, is that club all members of this club ? Sure saw a lot of familiar names, has a really good look to it. Can you join if you are over 55 ?
                              3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

• Congratulations!
                                __________________________________________________
                                Retro Build: Build Log,
                                Baby Blue Build: Build Log,
                                Green Lanten Build: Build Log,
                                Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                                Venom Build: Build Log,
                                Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                                Orange Build: Final Video
                                HTPC Build: Final Video
                                __________________________________________________

Comment

Working...
                                X