No announcement yet.

Hooded's CM690 Build - Blue Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well back to the wiring. While I let this sucker run for a bit.
    Only a few cables left to sleeve then I can try to see if this will still boot up LOL.
    Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
    OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
    Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Let`s keep our fingers crossed.
      3770K IHS removed-Max V gene-2x4gig ram Gskills 2400 Trident X-2x400watt Qmax TEC`s with dew point controller-420 Monsta rad for TEC hotside-360 TFC Xchanger for dual 670`s-RP452 res with 2xD5 vario pumps- HF Supreme with modified plate-DD Cp Pro pump for cold side of TEC and cpu block-Dual CM haf 922`s and a Seasonic X-1250 Psu

Comment

I hooked up the G-Vans and plugged my pump into it.
        I've dropped the speed ro to 2880 rpm at 8.2volts. Dead silent. This seems to allow the air bubbles a better chance of escaping, rather than being sucked up through the loop.

The micro bubbles are still singing but the song is almost done.

Comment

Wow that really fixed those pesky micro bubbles.

This pump is far better than I had expected.

I have it turned down to 9volts, 3250rmp roaring silence rules

Comment

"If you Sleeve it... it will Run"
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

I have a vortex.

Right at the top of my NB/SB chipset block coming back to my GPU block. It's driving me nuts LOL.

Well my last few parts arrived so I'm gonna drain this and change a couple tubing connections out.

Comment

Here are a couple more teaser shots.
                My G-Vans displaying Temps left to right
                CPU Water Block, GPU Water Block, Fluid Loop Start, Fluid Loop End

G-Vans displaying Volts, left to right
                Pump, Lower Rad Fans, Upper Rad Fans, Case Fans

In this shot you can just see the vortex forming again coming out of my Nb/Sb Chipset block heading to my GPU block.

Comment

Have you tried pinching the tube to restrict the flow? Has helped me a few times in the past. Just pinch it a bit right before the GPU block to let a little pressure build. Then slowly release it. It also looks like you have a kink between your CPU block and first ram block.
                  • Hush
                  • Intel i7 4770K • XSPC Raystorm • MSI Z97 MPower • Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1866 9-9-9-27 2T
                  • 2x Zotac Geforce GTX 780Ti AMP! • 2x EK-FC780 GTX Ti
                  • Sandisk Extreme II 480GB SSD • Intel 520 Series 180GB SSD • WD Black 1TB
                  • Custom Water Cooled Phantek Enthoo Primo • Antec HCP-1000 Platinum 1000W PSU
                  • EK Coolstream XTC 280 w/2X Cougar Vortex HDR 140mm • XSPC RX240 w/2X Scythe GT AP-15
                  • DazMode STORM DDC 3.25 • Aqualis Reservoir with DDC mount Pump Top

Comment

Give it a day at lower pump speeds and air eventually bleed out.
                    Sentinel Build: Build Log,
                    Venom Build: Build Log,
                    Silent Sniper Build: Final Video,
                    Orange Build: Final Video
                    HTPC Build: Final Video

Comment

I got the vortex dead been an hour now I can just see one little bubble in there will wait another hour.

The tube is as close to a kink with out being kinked as you can get. It's the camera angle making it look worse than it is.

I may still add another spacer on the ram block to lengthen the connection and let the tube run in a smaller arc.

Comment

Those are some nice consistent temps Hooded! The more I look at your rig the more I hate my own! LOL!!
                        Mario

RIG 1: MSI P55-GD65 mobo | CORE i7 870 | 16GB RAM | OCZ 240GB SSD | WD 1TB HD | CORSAIR H70 | 2x EVGA GTX 560Ti 448 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | XSPC DUAL BAYRES WITH D5 VARIO PUMP | XFX PRO1050 BLACK EDITION PSU | HAF 932

RIG 2: EVGA P55 V mobo | CORE i5 760 | 8GB RAM | WD 500GB HD | CORSAIR H60 | 2x EVGA GTX 460 FTW SLI | EK FULL GPU WATER BLOCKS | DDC PUMP WITH XSPC ACRYLIC RES TOP | CORSAIR HX 850 PSU | HAF 912

Comment

Well it posts!

I finally got up the nerve to plug this sucker in. Went very smooth.
                          I'm here now on my water cooled rig and it's purring along nice and quiet.
                          Got a few leds to fix. Most likely a bad pin connection on one of the molex plugs. God knows there are enough of them on this build.

I moved Windows from an older OCZ Vertex2 120GB SSD2 to a Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD3.
                          I love this machine even more now.
                          Will have to play some Sniper Elite on it to see how it goes.
                          Last edited by Hooded; 10-15-2012, 02:05 AM.

Comment

High Five Hoody!
                            HAF932 Mods
                            C70 Mods

Comment

Congrats Hooded
                              sweet lookin rig u have there

Comment

Thanks Fuzzy

I'll post more pics once I finish the case mods.

Comment

Working...
                                X