• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny79-Qc
    replied
    Originally posted by section31 View Post
    Lot of stuff to import in sadly.
    Yeah, you order a lot from outside so you know what you are doing lol. Freaking customs are expenssive from UK. 37USD is not that bad but once you add the extras, each bottle become expensive. Deff not worth that price imo. Once webstores like MmM starts having good stock, it should become more of a solution. But still, two bottle per order is still decent. Most rig won't need that much. Not everyone run big loops like us haha. Any idea if Anatoly plans on getting them?

Leave a comment:

• section31
    replied
    Lot of stuff to import in sadly.

Leave a comment:

• section31
    replied
    Originally posted by Danny79-Qc View Post

By the way, how much did you pay for that?
    Not cheap at all. Each bottle is about 37usd. The major cost though is shipping. Only Mayhem UK carries it and shipping not cheap. Modmymods has small stock and restricts you to 2 Bottles per order.

I may have to order more but i am holding off long as possible.

Leave a comment:

• Danny79-Qc
    replied
    I finally tested out mayhem xtr 4nm out. I probably see improvement of 2degrees at most. Not sure its worth its price honestly.
    By the way, how much did you pay for that?

Leave a comment:

• Danny79-Qc
    replied
    I finally tested out mayhem xtr 4nm out. I probably see improvement of 2degrees at most. Not sure its worth its price honestly.
    I don't know. Wait to see how it goes on the long run.

Leave a comment:

• section31
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Danny79-Qc
    replied
    Things are moving... little by little..
    My little mess with the 4 rads, x3m and my new fan covers.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210716_053704.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	94084
    3 x XE 360 and a PE. All going in push/pull.
    If anyone need stuff 3d printed let me know. Can even have resin stuff printed now.

Cleaned up everything properly since I'm changing for clear coolant... even the fittings one by one lol.. started yesterday... Just the cpu block left to do. Here's the gpu block looking like day one even after using Solid Azur Blue liquid. Two little stains but can't see em too much.

Name:	20210716_181825.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	94085
    tomorrow, we clean the cpu block and start reassembling. If only I had white paint left... would've painted the case as well...

Name:	20210712_135438.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	94086
    Feels soo empty!
    Just like day one... Looking at this, I think I'm gona make more holes in the doors... need more air!!!

Name:	20210714_102404.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	94087
    Received that alloy badge from bitspower... That thing is big actually. Another item for collectible/promotional list.
    That's about it for now. Daz, I'm gona place another order soon so see ya then! I wish you had frosted tubes! I spend soo much time on doing this.. would save me a lot of time and the finish is better than the ones I make myself lol..
    Night everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Danny79-Qc
    replied
    Nice job fixing it. We all have to do that type of work.
    Thanks. Surprised you haven't seen it on Facebook lol. When I asked if anyone had found a way to go around that, some clown had the kindness to remind me these brackets are not to be installed on x3m fans because it is said in the manual.He even had the kindness to post a pic of the yellow sticker stating it haha. So I made this just for him! See how kind I am..

Name:	SmartSelect_20210713-170346_Facebook.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	94060
    Poor guy probably never had an good idea of his own lol... It's exactly why I asked... because the x3m are not built to install a bracket on them. But it doesn't mean no one had found a solution. So anyways, I've got suggested a couple solutions but none appealing to me. But when the person suggested the spacers, I remembered the fans came with nuts to be used with short screws and it became clear. And as you can see it worked hehe.
    Another idea that will be used in the future where I wont get any credit for it or not even a little thank you haha.
    Been seeing a couple of my ideas/designs being used lately without a single word from the person grrr... like the carbon fiber rads and PSU or the mod I did to mount the PSU horizontally in the TT Core P8. Even just a simple badge on a radiator placed on the side. Easy stuff, I know it's not big mods and doesn't need a big brain but still, when I take the idea of someone, I say thank you or mention it in my post. I don't take ideas of others often but it happens and I will always show my appreciation!

Ok sorry, I had to whine a little. I feel better now!

Leave a comment:

• section31
    replied
    Nice job fixing it. We all have to do that type of work.

Leave a comment:

• Danny79-Qc
    replied
    Even had a little issue installing the reservoir mounts on the X3M. They are deffinately not made to install anything on them as shown on this picture..

Name:	20210713_145121.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	94056
    So after being given the idea of spacers, which was not possible with my printers dead and trashed, I came up with that. Worked wonderful!

Name:	20210713_205527.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	94057
    One nut to hold the fan in place and one to keep the mount locked in place!

Leave a comment:

• Danny79-Qc
    replied
    Contact Shawnb99 on Overclock.net. He’s likely going to be getting watercool or optimus internal radiator. Fyi, hes also not an ekwb users. He has 360 rads for sale upcoming.

https://www.overclock.net/threads/fs...-gear.1792499/

This guy has lot of excess including aquacomputer gear. Seven Rads and Six D5 Next and 61 A12x25. I am literally are discussing getting optimus reservoir with him atm since glass one is far out.

Heck, I could help you get ahold of one if you truly want one for free. I have an old XE360 Rad that ended up being used by him. I am suppose to help him upgrade his water loop this or next year as his mcp50x is approaching end of life. I was thinking of placing more orders for watercool new internal radiator (either 360mm for him or if i go 480mm with V3000+, give him my watercool 360 rads for free. Hence you could have gotten free radiators.
    Thanks. I found something today and getting it next week. A friend of mine decided to swap case and needs a smaller rad so we are gona switch them lol. Patience pays almost all of the time hehe. That leaves me with getting the new cpu, a Octo and 12 more X3M and done!

Leave a comment:

• section31
    replied
    Contact Shawnb99 on Overclock.net. He’s likely going to be getting watercool or optimus internal radiator. Fyi, hes also not an ekwb users. He has 360 rads for sale upcoming.

https://www.overclock.net/threads/fs...-gear.1792499/

This guy has lot of excess including aquacomputer gear. Seven Rads and Six D5 Next and 61 A12x25. I am literally are discussing getting optimus reservoir with him atm since glass one is far out.

Heck, I could help you get ahold of one if you truly want one for free. I have an old XE360 Rad that ended up being used by him. I am suppose to help him upgrade his water loop this or next year as his mcp50x is approaching end of life. I was thinking of placing more orders for watercool new internal radiator (either 360mm for him or if i go 480mm with V3000+, give him my watercool 360 rads for free. Hence you could have gotten free radiators.
    Last edited by section31; 07-13-2021, 08:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Danny79-Qc
    replied
    Well.. Back to day one!!!
    Still need to take out the cpu block and bridge for clean-up before switching for clear coolant but I'm pretty much back to the beginning of the build.. Sadly, I will work on it and still need to thinker with it because I only have 3 XE radiators and I need 4. Using a PE radiator until I can afford the XE... Been looking for a trade but no one wana get rid of their XE radiators gah...

Name:	20210712_135438.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	94049

Little sandwich of radiators...

Name:	20210712_153233.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	94050

Anyone ever done a sandwich club with 3 row of fans and 2 radiators between them?

Leave a comment:

• section31
    replied
    I have potential huge deal sometime in 2022. Assuming i go back to Hong Kong, i might spend that 10k hkd cash handout plus 5k hkd digital voucher on top end alderlake, high end intel board and ddr5. The money more or less got to be spent locally. The end result is i can sell off my 5950x, x570 hero dark, ram for the costs for optimus lga1700 block plus taxes to bring into canada (so 300-500cad). Lets see if i can get back though with that stupid 7day at hotel for fully vaccinated individual.

Last of the free cash handouts by the HK SAR government. The pandemic more or less burned that treasury surplus they had for all these years.
    Last edited by section31; 07-11-2021, 05:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Danny79-Qc
    replied
    Here. One last look at it before I drain it... cleaning everything will take forever but need to do it... dropping the top radiator finally to place it with another 360mm but not saying how.
    Then swapping 6 more Corsair fans for X3M!
    Gona install the second XE 360mm for the GPU loop as well. Then doing the deffinitive tubing. Sadly, forgot I still need to replace the PE 360 for a XE.. need ports on both sides to do what I want to do. Inlet on front, outlet on the back of the radiator... that will make 4×360mm XE radiators. Two per loop hehe.
    And Captain Smurf go bye-bye!
    Looked great and I didn't have any issues with solid white and blue but it completely hides the frosting job I did to the reservoirs and tubes so going with clear and clear blue. I will be using a new clear coolant which is not on the market yet hehe. But not saying which, where or how.

After that, all I will need, will be to get the 12 other X3M fans I need, (easy to swap even after everything is done with a open air case like that hehe), get a new Octo because I'm keeping mine for my own pc. Complete the case modding and done!!!

Pics.. Say goodbye Captain Smurf!!!

Name:	20210709_125058.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	94042

Name:	20210709_125234.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	94043

Name:	20210709_125313.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	94044

Name:	20210709_124357.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	94045

Name:	20210709_125141.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	94046

Oh! And yes, the MSI fan covers are going out too since the board is gone.. already have bunch of EK and Asus covers on the making
    See you all soon!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X