No announcement yet.

Colourworks by Engelmods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome work setting up that loop! It's very precise! Love the number of fittings! Its gonna look great all lit up rgb!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaidis86 View Post
      Awesome work setting up that loop! It's very precise! Love the number of fittings! Its gonna look great all lit up rgb!
      Thanks! I'm away for business and have literally spent every extra second watching build videos on YouTube. I'm staring at a drill press, a chop saw, and some new bits for my x-carve right now. Lol.

I think I may construct a brand new bottom for my case, so I can mount 4 more intake fans. We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by dknourek View Post
        How do you like that inline filter? I bought one too (and a LOT heavier than it looks lol) and set up a simple loop just on my bench with just the pump, res, rad and filter to see if it would catch anything that I didn't from flushing my rad and it had been running for a couple days so I took it apart today and was surprised on how much crap was in the filter. I just about didn't get one but glad I did.
        -dave
        The thing is like 1/2lb. It's really surprising.

I love it, though. Only makes sense as an investment.

That said, I may move mine: where it's installed now is dragging that entire run to the basement, so I've inelegantly used a res mount to prop it up and keep the angles at 90. I may move it to the top and straighten out the curved bends.

Not sure how I feel about that, though? Do y'all think straight runs and 90 degree angles on the top fit the build better, or keep the angular and curved contrast?

Comment

Personaly I like the contrast but it boils down to personal taste. Ive been trying to decide where to mount mine yet. I thought about attaching it to the exit port on the radiator but since I am going to have the rad mounted to the front of the case with the ports at the top and from there make a 90 to come down the rad and then insert it in the middle of the tubing to the rez or might mount it directly to the input on the rez so its a more solid mount.

Comment

I’d suggest mounting it to the input. I’m going to change the position of my in-line filter to reduce sag on that 3 x 90 fitting run.

Well, I am driving back to Medicine Hat from Edmonton today. I figuratively mainlined build videos on YouTube all weekend and was *extremely* inspired. Though I could be finished within an hour of arriving home, I’ve decided to add a few more custom elements.

I’m waiting on some materials from Amazon, but I my existing materials are good enough for the rad shrouds I’m making (with custom RGB, of course!)

Comment

Also: I loathe that the forum incessantly removes apostrophes from my possessives and conjunctions. Lol.

Comment

Well, I decided to fill the loop and do some stress testing because I’m impatient - though I still may change a few things with the loop. It looks glorious all lit up, but I’m waiting to show full photos until I’m finished the aesthetic parts.

I did, however, upload one photo - which is AIDA64 running a stress test and my temps. It’s stock, but I’m not breaking 50 degrees. With the fans completely turned off and the computer silent, I’m idling at 23. Slight load is at 30.

Comment

Woot! Great place to start with for an OC! Awesome!

Comment

Build update #15:

The tint came and I spent the morning applying it. I did 20% visibility on the front, 20% on the side, and limo tint (5%) in the back. In addition to some acrylic and hardboard covering the grommets and any additional holes, it should add some elegance to the build.

Comment

Build update #16:

We are overclocked! I hit 5.1 GHz and am in the midst of a stress test. Temps haven’t gone above 54 and I am currently idling at 28-30.

Comment

Build update # 17:

My parts arrived for all the final aesthetic touches! I expect to be finished and have all my glamour shots uploaded by Sunday.

Comment

Rounding the last curve to the finish line! Cant wait to see some glamour shots! I have to set up some background for some good photos of my build, being on the desk next to a keyboard and other random junk just doesnt do it justice! I should be finished shortly following yours!

Then the waiting game begins ! Good luck man! Keep up the awesome work!

Comment

Build update #18:

Made progress this morning. I have my acrylic rear case trays cut out. I’ll spend the rest the morning cutting some black paper-thin Formica to overlay on the 2.5mm acrylic.

I’ll also be cutting some white Formica into designs/shapes for overlay and routing the front rad cover I’m creating out of 2.5mm acrylic.

I hope to get to the pass-throughs and plumbing later tonight.

Comment

Comment

Build update #19: Acrlyic can suck it.

Seriously, though, I find it hard to work with. Hence, the delay.

At any rate. I’m beginning to assemble my case’s new interior.

Comment

Working...
                                X