No announcement yet.

First Green Water Cooled Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha I didn't think anyone in Cape Breton even had a computer ... I go up your way a few times a year for hunting/fishing trips (more or less just sitting around drinking but it needs a name)

Comment

Drinking and guns always go together! Is there a better way to cut down trees? C.B. has always had it rough economically, hence we are all raised by our parents to MOVE AWAY. Every kid my age had that pounded into them: grow up, get educated, and get out of that econo-dump to find a decent job. I used to have a small business selling PCs down there, but it only lasted 1 year. Just not enough consistent business. That's why I'm in Ottawa now. Miss the people down there though (so stuck up here in comparison).

Comment

Haha yeah the people in Cape Breton are awesome, they'll help you out any time you need it. I think I've cut down more than a few trees with more than a few different guns too lol never gets old

Comment

And alas it's done ... here is the build video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsy1srKoy9I

Comment

love the highspeed. thanks for sharing sir.
            HAF932 Mods
            C70 Mods

Comment

Cool Video
              Good Job!

Comment

Love the fast build.
                Great job
                Blue Dragon CM690 II an i7 - 960 x58 build
                OverKill HTPC - Red Team Build an AMD FX6100 with dual HD 5870's in crossfire.
                Canadian Amateur Modding Competition

Comment

Saweet vid Dod....loved when the green started to swirl! Great job.
                  CL SM8|Asus Sabertooth Z87|i7 4770K|16GB Corsair Veng|Kingston HyperX|Seagate Barra|Corsair AX850|EVGA GTX670 SLI
                  XSPC Blocks, Bits Dual Pump Top and Tube Res|Dual D5|RX480 with Logisy and Deep Cool in P/P|Bits and TFC Fittings and XSPC Tube|Distilled with DazM Protector

Comment

thanks guys, I really want to get another pump and a GPU block when I have $250 to spend haha ... I have the rest of the parts to make a separate loop for the GPU.

Comment

So the Mayhems Aurora started to gunk up my loop and I decided to take it out. Needless to say it wasn't willing to come out easily and even after a long, long time washing all the parts there's still some silvery stuff in there.

I'll post some pictures of it when I get it all leak tested, decided that clear tubing with no dye would look neat for now.

Comment

thats a bummer Dods. how many days do you think it lasted? couple of weeks maybe?
                        HAF932 Mods
                        C70 Mods

Comment

Oh it lasted a good 2 weeks and had a lot more in it but I just was always worried when I went away for a few days that something would happen.

The worrying is what really led me to empty it out, I saved all the liquid in a pop bottle just in case I wanted to reuse it sometime.

Comment

Alright, new picture time ... sorry about the massive pictures, I'm not sure how to scale them down.

Yes I did leave the face plate off the CPU block because I thought it looked neat with the rest of the clear stuff.

Comment

Sorry to hear that you as well had problems with this so-called coolant; I had Blue Aurora coolant in my PC as well, and it last perhaps a week at best http://www.dazmode.com/_forum/showthread.php?88-Mayhems-Aurora-Coolant-fiasco-%28from-start-to-finish%29

I put the coolant into an old coffee container(sealed it up) and put it into the freezer until such time I can find someplace that will recycle this crap.
                              I discovered that in order to clean out my system (tried just flushing with distilled water -4x - that didn't work ) I had to tear apart every bit of my loop, including the pump...that metallic crap stuck to everything.

Needless to say; the only coolant I use now is either distilled water + DazMode Protector, or (currently) Feser coolant...though I've heard great things about Ice Dragon Coolant
                              AsRock Extreme6 Z97, Intel i5 4690K 16 GB Kingston HyperX DDR3, EVGA GTX 1070, ASUS Strix Raid Pro soundcard, Corsair HX850i, 256 GB Crucial MX100 SSD, 500 GB Crucial MX100 (Gaming) SSD, custom water-cooled Corsair Air 540, MSI AG32C LED monitor, Insignia 32 " LED TV, Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

Comment

Yeah I just said #%$* it and let a bit of the metallic stuff stay in the loop because even after tearing it all apart there was still some. Just enough that you can see a tiny swirl ...

Comment

Working...
                                X